[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Michael Madsen are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Michael Madsen on screen:
Birthday: September 25, 1958
Place: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Michael Madsen. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Michael Madsen, who admits to being more interested in delivering a good performance than the perks of fame, formerly worked as a gas station attendant in his hometown of Chicago, IL. The older brother of actress Virginia Madsen, Michael's first acting experience took place inside of Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre, where he studied under the direction of fellow actor John Malkovich. This stage training provided him with the background needed to land a host of small roles, beginning with a bit part in the 1983 film WarGames. After relocating to Los Angeles, Madsen made several television and film appearances, including NBC's Emmy-winning Special Bulletin (1983), and The Natural (1984), director Barry Levinson's celebrated sports drama. Madsen continued to build credibility, gradually going on to land larger parts. Though his profile was raised substantially after appearing in the 1991 film Thelma & Louise, it was his 1989 performance as a psychotic killer in John Dahl's Kill Me Again that caught the attention of Quentin Tarantino, who would later give Madsen his true breakthrough opportunity in 1992's Reservoir Dogs. This ear-splitting performance earned Madsen critical acclaim, as well as further cementing his reputation for playing psychopathic murderers. Sure enough, Madsen would go on to perform in several decidedly evil roles. From the kitten-loving sociopath in The Getaway (1994), to mafia tough guy Sonny Black in Donnie Brasco, Madsen proved himself more than capable of playing a good bad guy. Rather than allowing himself to be typecast, however, Madsen readily accepted the role of a loving foster parent in Free Willy (1993), a seasoned alien assassin in Species (1995), and CIA Agent Damon Falco in director Lee Tamahori's Die Another Day (2002).
- Has written four books of poetry, including "Beer, Blood, and Ashes", "Eat the Worm", and "Burning in Paradise".
- Released CD "Burning in Paradise", which has excerpts from his book, "Burning in Paradise".
- Brother of actress Virginia Madsen and son of Cal Madsen, a retired firefighter. He also has another sibling, apart from Virginia.
- He refuses to see any of sister Virginia Madsen's films in which she appears nude.
- Has worn the same pinky ring in numerous movies.
- Announced the second greatest movie villain of all time by Maxim Magazine's "Greatest Movie Villains of all Time" for his character in Reservoir Dogs (1992) of "Mr. Blonde".
- His character of Mr. Blonde was one of the 200 nominees on the American Film Institute's list of 100 years of the best Heroes and Villains. He was also the only character from Reservoir Dogs (1992) who was nominated. However, he didn't make it into the top 50.
- Dennis Hopper wrote the introduction to his book of short stories and poems "Burning in Paradise".
- Former brother-in-law of Danny Huston.
- Former brother-in-law of Cher.
- Children: Christian, Cody, Max, Calvin and Hudson. All are boys in the age range of 6 to 16.
- In the early days of his acting career, he considered changing his name to "Michael Hood."
- States only five films as ones he's even remotely proud of: Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003), Donnie Brasco (1997), Reservoir Dogs (1992), Species (1995), and Free Willy (1993).
- Was very uncomfortable filming the torture scenes in Reservoir Dogs (1992), especially in the scenes in which he was required to hit Kirk Baltz.
- He points to Robert Mitchum as his idol and role model. Many similarities are apparent, as both are large, intimidating "tough guys" who are generally underrated and Madsen (as did Mitchum) doesn't always appear in films for their artistic merit. They both also share a love for poetry.
- Was set to play "Sean Harrison" in the TV Series "Hawaii" (2004) but was replaced by Michael Biehn.
- Voice can be heard in a Boeing commercial aired on MSNBC.
- Owned the yellow Cadillac that his character Mr Blonde drove in Reservoir Dogs (1992).
- Was offered role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction (1994) but turned it down because he couldn't get out of rehearsal for Wyatt Earp (1994).
- His paternal grandparents (Soren and Anna Marie Madsen) immigrated from Denmark in the early 1900s.
- His father is of Danish descent, his mother is of Irish and American Indian descent
- For his past, present and ongoing commitment to independent film, was presented with the inaugural Rebel Award by good friend/actor Harvey Keitel at Rebelfest 2005, Toronto.
- Was considered for the role of Sergeant Mike Horvath in Saving Private Ryan (1998) The role eventually went to Madsen's friend Tom Sizemore.
- He released the only authorized, in-print collection and 10 Year Anniversary Edition of his poetry called "The Complete Poetic Works of Michael Madsen, Vol I: 1995-2005/," available at Amazon.com.
- One of his dogs is Buftea, a recent addition. He found it emaciated, wild and roaming the forests of Romania while he was filming "The Last Drop" (2005). Madsen gradually tamed the dog, adopted it, named it after the town in Romania where they were shooting and whisked it back to beach-front Malibu.
- He has said in an interview once that his feminine characteristic would be that he has soft feet.
- His maternal Grandparents are Lance and Lavinia.
- Burning in Paradise won the Independent Firecracker Award for Poetry in 1998.
- In 2002 he was presented an award for his work with the Shriners Hospital For Children.
- Good friends with Dennis Hopper, Harry Dean Stanton and Nick Nolte.
- Has worked as a car mechanic, a landscaper and a hospital orderly before turning to acting.
- Married his wife De Anna in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
- He was originally asked to play Harland, the man who rapes Geena Davis in Thelma & Louise, but he refused the part and, when director Ridley Scott asked what part he would like instead, Madsen asked if he could play Jimmy Lennox, the well meaning but short tempered boyfriend of Susan Sarandon's Louise. Scott initially scoffed at the idea, but Madsen got the part of Jimmy after having lunch with Susan Sarandon.
- He painted houses, repaired cars, worked as an orderly in a hospital and pumped gas in his late teens and early twenties before he moved to Los Angeles.
- Hobbies include cars and bikes.
- Has a Parrot called Marlon (After Marlon Brando)
- Uncle of Virginia Madsen's son Jack
Naked Photos of Michael Madsen are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.