[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Michael Bay are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Michael Bay on screen:
Birthday: February 17, 1965
Place: Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Michael Bay. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| With his knack for staging visually flashy blockbuster mayhem, Michael Bay became the commercial leader among a new, 1990s generation of advertising-and-MTV-bred directors. Hollywood to the core, Bay has claimed that he was the illegitimate child of a popular director of the 1970s — although he won't reveal who — and was given up for adoption at birth. Raised in Los Angeles, he spent his childhood staging Super-8 action movies. He studied film at Wesleyan University and the Pasadena Arts Center, where a Coke commercial he shot as a student project attracted offers to make the real thing. His Coke, Nike, Budweiser and award-winning "Got Milk?" ads resulted in a 1994 Director's Guild nomination for Best Commercial Director. Tapped by producers Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer to make the kind of slick escapism that defined their 1980s heyday, Bay's directorial debut Bad Boys (1995) became a star-maker for Will Smith and Martin Lawrence.Bay made his movie name with his second feature The Rock (1996). While the lead trio of Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris lent a modicum of class to the over-the-top story concerning treason and Alcatraz, Bay's rapid edits, mobile camera, multi-colored lighting effects, and extreme camera angles never let the narrative energy flag. Popular beyond expectations, The Rock remade the idiosyncratic Cage into a 1990s action star and put Bay on the directorial A-list. Bay's third film, Armageddon (1998), proved that The Rock was no commercial fluke. Although it was the second "asteroid" movie in three months, Armageddon's adrenalized, effects-laden exploits and a cast mixing veterans with hip newcomers turned it into one of the summer's top hits. Bay's success enabled him to secure a record-setting budget for his World War II movie about Pearl Harbor. Leading the box-office by earning a heafty .2 million on it's Memorial Day weekend opening, Pearl Harbor proved that Bay was still at the top of his game in creating spectacularly overbloated excercises in excess. Taking a cue from Titanic (1997) in using a historical tragedy as a backdrop for a youthful love story, Pearl Harbor earned praise for it's exciting battle sequence, though some audiences were left cold by it's seemingly insincere soap opera theatrics and legnthy running time. Bay began acting as producer on a series of remakes of famous horror films. The first of those, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre hit theaters the same year as Bad Boys 2, his reteaming with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. Two years later he acted as producer for a remake of The Amityville Horror, and directed the science fiction film The Island, a film that suffered an ignominious fate at the box office as well as with critics. He would go on to produce a sequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and remake the Rutger Hauer film The Hitcher. Bay returned to the director's chair in order to bring The Transformers to the big screen.
- Dated Playboy centerfold Jaime Bergman (45th Anniversary Playmate).
- Educated at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design, CA.
- Owns mastiff hounds named Mason and Grace, after characters in The Rock (1996) and Armageddon (1998).
- "Movieline" revealed in 2001 that Bay's father was John Frankenheimer. Frankenheimer, who always denied paternity, took a DNA test in the 1980s which was negative. Bay still maintains Frankenheimer was his father, and has countered that DNA work was less sophisticated at the time.
- Shot over 1 million feet of film for Pearl Harbor (2001). Used only about 20,000 feet for the final, 9-reel cut.
- Was rejected by USC's film school.
- In Bad Boys (1995), Bay paid ,000 (one quarter of his fee) for the climax explosion scene. The initial shot was made impossible by a rainstorm, and the production company refused to pay for another try.
- Member of Propaganda Films.
- Actors have often noted that he places more importance on the visuals than on his characters and actors. He is also known to do very few takes of intimate character-driven scenes, as he prefers to spend more time on action sequences and visually-interesting moments.
- Directed the music video for Richard Marx' hit "Angelina" in 1989.
- All his films up to and including Armageddon (1998) made him the youngest director to reach the billion dollar mark world wide.
- Since the age of 26, Bay has won every major commercial directing award, including the Gold and Silver Lions at Cannes.
- He won the Grand Prix Clio for Commercial of the Year for his "Got Milk/Aaron Burr" commercial, which also won him the Museum of Modern Art Award for Best Campaign of the Year.
- Has worked with producer Jerry Bruckheimer on all of his films, except The Island (2005).
- Filmed the movie Armageddon (1998) with an eye towards Middle America. Has a love for Americana.
- Is known for his high grossing action-packed movies.
- All of his movies after Bad Boys (1995)_ have grossed more than 0 million, except The Island (2005), which flopped.
- Studied under film historian Jeanine Basinger at Wesleyan University; Basinger later provided audio commentary, along with Bay, for the Pearl Harbor (2001) DVD.
- As a teenager, he worked at ILM in the storyboard department for films like Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).
- He is a very close friend of writer/director George Lucas from whom he often seeks advice.
- He is a very good friend to Don Michael Paul and even lent him some aerial shots from The Rock (1996) to Paul's movie Half Past Dead (2002).
- Ranked #47 on Premiere's 2005 Power 50 List. Had ranked #54 in 2004.
- He shot the dynamic shots of the thrown dice in the gambling scenes for _Adrian Lyne_ 's Indecent Proposal (1993). He later "repossessed" the shots for a montage in Armageddon (1998).
- President of The Institute for the Development of Enhanced Perceptual Awareness, a commercial and music video production company.
- The Rock (1996) is his favorite of the films he has directed.
- Sean Connery is his favorite actor that he's ever worked with.
Naked Photos of Michael Bay are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.