[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Mandy Patinkin are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Mandy Patinkin on screen:
Birthday: November 30, 1952
Place: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Height: 6' 0"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Mandy Patinkin. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Intense, dynamic Julliard alumnus Mandy Patinkin tackled everything from ancient classics to modern musicals during his formative years in regional theatre. From 1975 through 1981, Patinkin was a mainstay of Joseph Papps New York Shakespeare Festival. Making his Broadway debut in 1977, Patinkin won a Tony Award three years later for his raw-nerved portrayal of Che Guevara ("Not much to ask for!") in Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita. He later appeared as star-interlocutor in Stephen Sondheim's musical Sunday in the Park with George, a role he repeated for the benefit of future generations on a videotaped TV presentation in 1986. In films from 1977, Patinkin made his earliest impression on moviegoers in a brace of E. L. Doctorow adaptations: he played the immigrant-artist-turned-pioneer filmmaker in Ragtime (1981) and the Julius Rosenberg counterpart in Daniel (1983). He also portrayed Avigdor, Barbra Streisand's dream lover, in Yentl (1983), and essayed the part of a Spanish swashbuckler (with a hilariously impenetrable accent) in The Princess Bride (1985). His extensive musical skills, both as vocalist and instrumentalist, have gone virtually untapped in films, save for his turn as 88 Keys in Dick Tracy (1990). The scope of Patinkin's musical talents were generously displayed in his one-man show Dress Casual, and also in his many "concert recordings" of classic Broadway scores. Despite his devotion to his craft, Mandy Patinkin evidently has his head on straight in terms of priorities: in 1996, he gave up the meaty role of Dr. Jeffrey Geiger in the weekly TV medical series Chicago Hope because he didn't like spending so much time away from his wife (actress Kathryn Grody) and children.
- 1970 graduate of Kenwood High School, Chicago
- Acted in very first commercial for Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats; commercial filmed in Chicago's Loop.
- Had left cornea replaced due to degenerative eye disease (keratoconus) [November 1998]
- Had right cornea replaced due to degenerative eye disease [May 1997]
- Has sons, Isaac and Gideon
- Occasional appearances on David Letterman's LATE NIGHT on CBS TV. His most memorable performances were with Tony Randall, who accompanied him pretending to have had a taxi breakdown and therefore needing an emergency rehearsal hall. Mandy then brings down the house with "Swanee", "Mammy", etc.
- Was not asked to reprise Tony award winning role of Che in movie version of Evita
- Attended the University of Kansas for two years before being "discovered."
- Mandy does concerts for the gun control advocacy group, Pax, and for Doctors without borders, a group that provides medical relief in violence-torn areas such as Kosovo and Littleton, Colorado.
- Mandy's mother is Doralee Patinkin Rubin, a cookbook author, who is to have her own cooking show on the Food Network.
- Portrayed a spirit from the '50s in a 7-Up ad for his first TV commercial in 1970. Also played the lead in the very first TV commercial for Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats.
- Won Broadway's 1980 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Musical) for playing Ernesto 'Che' Guevara in "Evita." He was also nominated twice as Best Actor (Musical): in 1984 for "Sunday in the Park with George," a role he recreated in the television version with the same title, _Sunday in the Park with George (1986) (TV)' , and in 2000 for "The Wild Party."
- Says that of all the roles he's played in his career, Inigo Montoya, from The Princess Bride, is his absolute favourite.
- He is a lover/collector of Lionel model trains and he continues to enjoy playing with them to this day. He considers the concept of hanging on to such "classic" influential toys from the past very important to pass down to future generations.
- Did an interview for a 1987 Princess Bride featurette pretending to have worse English than the character he was playing (a Spaniard). In reality, he's American, born and bred.
- In 2000 he released a CD entitled Kidults featuring childrens songs among others.
- Before he and Adam Arkin starred as doctors on the television show, "Chicago Hope," they both played doctors in the movie, "The Doctor" (1991).
- Attended North Carolina School of the Arts (Winston Salem, NC). Studied drama.
Naked Photos of Mandy Patinkin are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.