[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Keanu Reeves are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Keanu Reeves on screen:
Birthday: September 2, 1964
Place: Beirut, Lebanon
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Keanu Reeves. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
One of the most inscrutable actors to ever hit it big, Keanu Reeves has been by turns adored, reviled, and grudgingly respected by the movie-going public. As the controversy over his talent rages on, his career choices and paychecks show him inching toward A-list status. Reeves, whose first name means "cool breeze over the mountains" in Hawaiian, was born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1964. His mother, Patricia, was a showgirl; his father, Samuel Nowlin Reeves, a geologist. After their marriage dissolved, Keanu moved with his mother and younger sister Kim to New York City, then Toronto. Stepfather #1 was Paul Aaron, a stage and film director--he and Patricia divorced within a year, after which she went on to marry (and divorce) rock promoter Robert Miller and hair salon owner Jack Bond. Reeves never reconnected with his biological father, who is now in prison on charges of cocaine possession. In high school, Reeves was lukewarm toward academics but took a keen interest in ice hockey (as team goalie, he earned the nickname "The Wall") and drama. He eventually dropped out of school to pursue an acting career. After a few stage gigs and a handful of made-for-TV movies, he scored a supporting role in the Rob Lowe hockey flick Youngblood (1986), which was filmed in Canada. Shortly after the production wrapped, Reeves packed his bags and headed for Hollywood. Reeves popped up on critics' radar with his performance in the dark adolescent drama River's Edge (1986), but his first popular success was the role of totally rad dude Ted Logan in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989). The wacky time-travel movie became something of a cultural phenomenon, and audiences would forever confuse Reeves's real-life persona with that of his doofy on-screen counterpart. Over the next few years, Reeves tried to shake the Ted stigma with a series of highbrow projects. He played a slumming rich boy opposite River Phoenix's narcoleptic male hustler in My Own Private Idaho (1991), an unlucky lawyer who stumbles into the vampire's lair in Dracula (1992), and Shakespearean party-pooper Don Jon in Much Ado About Nothing (1993). In 1994, the understated actor became a big-budget action star with the release of _Speed (1994)_ . Its success heralded an era of five years in which Reeves would alternate between largely unwatched small films, like Feeling Minnesota (1996) and The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997), and unwatched big films like Johnny Mnemonic (1995) and Chain Reaction (1996). After all this Reeves did the unthinkable and passed on the Speed sequel, but he struck box-office gold again a few years later with the Wachowski brothers' cyberadventure The Matrix (1999). Despite his deadpan delivery style and reputation as an oaf, Reeves continues to reel in choice roles and fat paychecks. Whatever he knows, he's not telling the public--his self-deprecating interview tactics and mysterious private life provide little insight into his artistry. As far as Reeves is concerned, it seems, he's just a regular guy who rides a motorcycle, plays in a band (Dogstar), and shows up every now and then for a movie shoot.
- Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. 
- Ranked #23 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Arrested in Los Angeles; charged with drunk driving. [May 1993]
- Loves Ballroom dancing.
- He owns at least two Norton Commandos whose engines were available in both 750cc and 850cc capacities, the high compression version being the Combat Commando.
- Sisters are Karina and Kim.
- Named after his great, great-uncle.
- His step-father, Paul Aaron, is a film and stage Director.
- Had job sharpening ice skates.
- Was nicknamed "the wall" by high school hockey team De La Salle College "Oaklands".
- His father is part Chinese part Hawaiian and his mother is English making him Eurasian like fellow actors Andrew Johnston, Brandon Lee, Rob Schneider, Russell Wong, Michael Wong and actresses Jessica Anderson, Devon Aoki, Moon Bloodgood, China Chow, Kelly Hu, Kristin Kreuk, Jaymee Ong, Maggie Q, Nicole Scherzinger, and Monica Young.
- Father left the family when Keanu was very young.
- Is left-handed.
- Was manager of a pasta shop in Toronto.
- He loves to play ice hockey (goalie position).
- His father was a geologist. Served time in prison; paroled after serving two years of a 10 year sentence for selling heroin at Hilo Airport in 1992.
- His mother, Patricia Taylor, was a costume designer for rock stars such as Alice Cooper.
- His 1974 motorcycle is among his most prized possessions.
- His name means "cool breeze over the mountains" in Hawaiian.
- In Hawaiian, "ke" means "the" and "anu" means "cool or coolness"; hence "the coolness" or (very) interpretively, "the cool winds over the mountain."
- Dropped out of high school when he was 17 to become an actor.
- Hobbies include horseback riding and surfing (both inspired from movie roles).
- Was MVP on his high school hockey team, where he was a goalie.
- Keanu got his abdominal scar from a motorcycle wreck in Topanga Canyon. He was on a "demon ride" (no headlights at night) when he crashed into the side of a mountain. He was hospitalized for a week with broken ribs and a ruptured spleen. When the paramedics came to get him, an emergency medical technician trainee picked up one end of the stretcher ... then dropped it by mistake! "It made me laugh, but I couldn't breathe!"
- When trying out for the parts of Bill and Ted in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989), each actor was paired up with another. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter were paired up, Reeves trying out for the part of Bill while Winter tried out for the part of Ted. They were cast opposite what they auditioned for.
- His first name, Keanu, is pronounced "kay-ah-new".
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#17). 
- Around Christmas 1999, the baby girl he was expecting with girlfriend Jennifer Syme was stillborn, just a few weeks shy of the actual delivery date. They had planned to name her Eva Archer Syme Reeves.
- His estranged girlfriend Jennifer Syme was killed when her Jeep Cherokee careered onto the wrong side of a Los Angeles road near Highway 101 and smashed into three parked cars. The force of the crash flipped the car over and she was thrown through the windshield. She was killed instantly. [2 April 2001]
- Maintains Canadian citizenship and passport.
- Has appeared in 3 movies whose title contains a US state: Feeling Minnesota (1996), My Own Private Idaho (1991), and The Prince of Pennsylvania (1988).
- Was set to reprise his role as Jack Traven in the sequel to Speed - Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997) - but dropped out
- Deferred part of his salary on The Replacements (2000) so Gene Hackman could be cast.
- Keanu resides in Toronto, Canada where he grew up.
- Learned over 200 martial arts moves for The Matrix Reloaded (2003).
- Musically Keanu is currently playing (bass) in "Becky" - also featuring Robert Mailhouse (drums), Paulie Kosta (guitar) and Rebecca Lord (vocals).
- Was originally offered the role of Pvt. Chris Taylor in Platoon (1986). Keanu turned it down and the role went to Charlie Sheen.
- Was originally cast as Chris Shiherlis in Heat (1995) but later backed out of the project, and the part went to Val Kilmer.
- He went to high school at North Toronto, where his drama teacher was Paul Robert. Mr. Robert then moved to teach at Northern Secondary as a drama teacher, but recently left. He pops in as a substitute teacher now and again, but lives freely in the wilderness otherwise.
- Shares a birthday with actress Salma Hayek, heavyweight boxer Lennox Lewis and NFL Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson.
- Frequently plays man either strapped or sitting in a chair while some type of procedure is performed on him. All three Matrix films, Johnny Mnemonic (1995), Feeling Minnesota (1996)Dracula (1992) and Constantine (2005).
- Although left-handed, plays bass with his right.
- 31st January 2005: Honoured with a Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
- Read the script of Constantine (2005) while filming The Matrix Revolutions (2003).
- His first theater work was with Shakespeare and Company in Lenox, Massachusetts in "The Tempest."
- He learned to surf for his role in Point Break (1991)
- Is very good friends with his Bill & Ted co-star, Alex Winter and has remained in contact with him. Keanu has also contributed cameo appearances and helped with a number of Winter's film projects.
- His best friend is his sister.
- He has recently left the band "Becky" with former Dogstar band mate Rob Mailhouse, due to scheduling conflicts.
- Auditioned for the Etobicoke School of the Arts in Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; but was rejected.
- His parents names are Patricia Taylor and Samuel Nowlin Reeves.
- Replaced Val Kilmer as Johnny Mnemonic in Johnny Mnemonic (1994) when Kilmer left the project upon being offered the role of Batman in Batman Forever (1995). Ironically, Kilmer later replaced Reeves as Chris Siherlis in Heat (1995).
Naked Photos of Keanu Reeves are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.