[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of John Malkovich are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with John Malkovich on screen:
Birthday: December 9, 1953
Place: Christopher, Illinois, USA
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
John Malkovich. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
In 1976 'John Malkovich joined Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre, newly founded by his friend Gary Sinise. After that it would take seven years before Malkovich would show up in New York and win an Obie in Sam Shepard's play "True West". In 1984 Malkovich would appear with Dustin Hoffman in the Broadway revival of "Death of a Salesman", which would earn him an Emmy when it was made into a made-for-TV movie the next year. His big-screen debut would be as the blind lodger in Places in the Heart (1984), which earned him an Academy Award Nomination for best supporting actor. Other films would follow, including The Killing Fields (1984) and The Glass Menagerie (1987), but he would be well remembered as Vicomte de Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons (1988). Playing against Michelle Pfeiffer and Glenn Close in a costume picture helped raise his standing in the industry. He would be cast as the psychotic political assassin in Clint Eastwood's In the Line of Fire (1993), for which he would be nominated for both the Academy Award and the Golden Globe. In 1994 Malkovich would portray the sinister Kurtz in the made-for-TV movie Heart of Darkness (1994) (TV), taking the story to Africa as it was originally written. Malkovich has periodically returned to Chicago to both act and direct.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- The costume he wore in the Annie Lennox video, "Walking On Broken Glass" was borrowed from the set of Dangerous Liaisons (1988)
- Education: Eastern Illinois University, Illinois State University.
- Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#70). 
- Is of Croatian heritage.
- Parents ran and owned local newspaper in Benton Il, his hometown.
- Briefly dated Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Children with Peyran, daughter Amandine (b. 1990) and son Lorwy (b. 1992).
- His first film experience was a job as an extra in Robert Altman's 1978 feature A Wedding (1978).
- Has developed a great passion for Portugal, where he has filmed some movies recently. He also keeps a house here, as he co-owns a disco in Lisbon.
- Legend has it that he was told by the head of the Theatre Department at Illinois State University that he would not have a career as an actor. Even though he did not graduate from ISU (he never took the constitution test) the Theatre Department still claims him as an alumni. On April 4, 2005 he returned to visit the Theatre Department where he was presented with an official diploma for his bachelor's degree in theatre.
- When he was 16, he decided to get his excessive weight under control and lost 70 pounds by eating nothing but Jell-O for two months.
- Is a big fan of Tom Waits and (oddly enough) rap artist Dr. Dre.
- In 1976, he quit college in order to work at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theater.
- His favorite films include: The Battle of Algiers, The 400 Blows, Citizen Kane, The Conformist, This is Spinal Tap, High Noon and It's a Wonderful Life.
- Won a Village Voice Obie for his performance in True West in 1984
- Won a second Village Voice Obie this time for Direction for Balm in Gilead in 1985
- Attended college with Joan Allen who was occasionally a scene partner of Malkovich's in their acting classes. Later attended another acting class years with John Mahoney. He encouraged both actors to join the Steppenwolf Theater Company, which they did.
- First actor to win a major award (New York Film Critics) for portraying himself in a movie (non-cameo role). The film was Being John Malkovich.
- His performance as himself in "Being John Malkovich" (1999) is ranked #90 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Frequently visits Sarajevo Film Festival (Bosnia).
Naked Photos of John Malkovich are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.