[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jeff Goldblum are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jeff Goldblum on screen:
Birthday: October 22, 1952
Place: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Height: 6' 4"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jeff Goldblum. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Tall, gangly, and oddly handsome, stage, screen, and television actor Jeff Goldblum is an unlikely sex symbol. But for many women, especially those fond of eccentric intellectual types, he fits the role perfectly. Known for the range of quirky, often otherworldly characters he has portrayed, Goldblum is adept at playing lead and supporting roles in dramas and comedies alike. A native of Pittsburgh, PA, where he was born October 22, 1952, Goldblum moved to New York at the age of 17 to pursue an acting career. He got his start at Sanford Meisner's distinguished Neighborhood Playhouse, and in the '70s began performing in a wide variety of on and off-Broadway productions. When he was 22, Goldblum made his film debut with a small role as a rapist in Michael Winner's brutal revenge drama Death Wish (1974). He was performing on-stage in the El Grande de Coca Cola review when Robert Altman gave him a small part in California Split (1974) and a slightly larger role in Nashville (1975). Afterwards, Goldblum was steadily employed as a bit player in both major and minor features, turning in one of his most notable performances as a nervous houseguest struggling to remember his mantra in the Los Angeles-set segment of Annie Hall (1977). In 1980, Goldblum branched out into television, starring opposite Ben Vereen in the short-lived television detective comedy Tenspeed and Brown Shoe. As Brown Shoe, Goldblum played an uptight stockbroker trying to make it as a hardboiled private detective. Although the role may have given him greater recognition, the actor gained his first really favorable reviews playing a tabloid magazine reporter in The Big Chill (1983). This led to leading roles in such films as Into the Night (1985), where Goldblum played an aerospace engineer opposite Michelle Pfeiffer, and Silverado (also 1985), which cast him as a villainous gambler. In 1986, he had his first hit movie with David Cronenberg's terrifying sci-fi-horror film The Fly (1986), playing a driven scientist whose research turns him into a gruesome mutant. His co-star was his then-wife, Geena Davis, whom he met while they were on the set of the comedy-thriller Transylvania 6-5000 (1985). The couple divorced in the early '90s and Goldblum then embarked on a highly publicized relationship with actress Laura Dern that broke up in the mid-'90s.In 1989, Goldblum made a favorable transatlantic impression in the British romantic comedy The Tall Guy, playing a perpetually unemployed actor who is cast as the lead of a musical about the Elephant Man. He continued to work steadily throughout the subsequent decade, appearing in films of markedly varying quality. He found great success in Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park, playing a mathematician in one of the decade's biggest blockbusters. He reprised his role for the film's 1997 sequel. In 1996, Goldblum again explored blockbuster territory with a leading role as a computer genius in Independence Day.
- Is the voice behind the iMac/iBook commercials for Apple Computer.
- Engaged to Laura Dern. [1995-1997]
- In a jazz band called The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra with actor Peter Weller (they were also in a band together in the movie The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)) - they perform at local clubs in Los Angeles.
- Studied acting at New York City's prestigious Neighborhood Playhouse under the guidance of legendary acting coach, Sanford Meisner.
- Was engaged to Catherine Wreford, a 23 year old dancer from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Appears alongside ex-wife Geena Davis in three films, back to back, Transylvania 6-5000 (1985), The Fly (1986) and Earth Girls Are Easy (1988).
- While filming Earth Girls Are Easy (1988), he and co-stars Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey took approximately two hours to be suited up as the aliens.
- Along with Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans, his voice was dubbed for certain scenes in Earth Girls Are Easy (1988).
- After playing the victim of an alien invasion in the remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), he appears in two films in which he fights aliens, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) and Independence Day (1996), and one where he plays an alien - Earth Girls Are Easy (1988).
- He can wiggle his ears one at a time. He demonstated this talent on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993).
- Has worked twice with three of the writers of _Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) . The film's director, Steven Spielberg, directed him in Jurassic Park (1993) and The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997). The screenwriter, Lawrence Kasdan, directed him in The Big Chill (1983) and Silverado (1985). "Philip Kaufman' , whose idea it was for Indy to puruse the Ark of the Covenant, directed him in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) and The Right Stuff (1983).
- Appears in two remakes of cult science fiction/horror films: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) and The Fly (1986).
- Often plays eccentric characters
- Member of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1999
- Born on the same day as actor Christopher Lloyd.
- Attended Taylor Allderdice High School in Pittsburgh, PA, which is the same high school that Rob Marshall and Curtis Martin attended.
Naked Photos of Jeff Goldblum are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.