[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Jack Black are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Jack Black on screen:
Birthday: August 28, 1969
Place: Hermosa Beach, California, USA
Height: 5' 7"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Jack Black. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Actor, musician, and cult idol ascendant, Jack Black is known for both the characters he portrays on the screen and as one of the forces behind Tenacious D, a rock band/standup routine that Black has described as "a Smothers Brothers for the Dungeons and Dragons misfits set."A native of Santa Monica, CA, Black attended the University of California at Los Angeles. He got his professional start on the stage, appearing in Tim Robbins' production of Carnage at the 1989 Edinburgh Fringe Festival. He would go on to collaborate with Robbins throughout his career, making his screen debut in the director's 1992 political satire Bob Roberts and appearing in Robbins' Dead Man Walking (1995) and Cradle Will Rock (1999). Black spent the '90s playing supporting and lead roles in a variety of films, including Demolition Man (1993), The Cable Guy (1996), which cast him as the best friend of Matthew Broderick's character, and Jesus' Son (1999), in which Black had a small but extremely memorable role as a pill-popping hospital orderly.In 2000, Black had one of his most recognizable and enthusiastically received screen roles to date in High Fidelity. Stephen Frears' popular adaptation of Nick Hornby's novel of the same name, it featured Black as Barry, a thoroughly obnoxious record-store employee. The part allowed the actor to do some of his own singing, a talent that he had previously inflicted on numerous audience members during his years with the aforementioned Tenacious D. The band, comprised of Black and fellow holy terror Kyle Gass, had existed since 1994, and it had been featured on the TV comedy series Mr. Show and as the subject of their own HBO series entitled (tongue firmly in cheek) Tenacious D: The Greatest Band on Earth. It was only a matter of time before Black stepped up from supporting character to leading man, and with the Farrelly brother's Shallow Hal Black may just have found the ideal vehicle for the successful transition. As a superficial man who falls in love with a 300-pound woman after being hypnotized to see only the "inner beauty" of the opposite sex, Black co-starred alongside Gwyneth Paltrow and Jason Alexander in what promised to be a charmingly offensive addition to the Farrelly canon.Though MTV Films' heavily marketed Orange County (2002) was not a huge commercial success, Black's supporting role as the lead character's slacker brother was well received by critics and long-time fans alike, and the once obscure figure began appearing on media outlets including Saturday Night Live, Primetime Glick, commercials for The Osbournes, and various MTV music and film awards. In 2003, Black starred in his first big hit — director Richard Linklater's musical comedy School of Rock, which featured Black as a disgruntled heavy metal-guitarist doing a substitute teaching gig for extra cash. Critics were so taken by his performance that he was honored with a Golden Globe nomination.2004 saw Black turn in a cameo in the Will Ferrell vehicle Anchorman, after starring opposite Ben Stiller in director Barry Levinson's black comedy Envy. While the film was a box-office bomb after having its release pushed back several times, Black still had much to celebrate when it was announced he would be taking the lead in Peter Jackson's highly anticipated 2005 remake of King Kong.
- Member of the band Tenacious D.
- Filmed a television pilot called Heat Vision and Jack (1999) (TV) co-starring Ron Silver, and Christine Taylor, and directed by Ben Stiller. The show was a parody of "Knight Rider" (1982), as well as other action/ adventure shows, and featured a talking motorcycle voiced by Owen Wilson.
- Discovered he could act when he played a game of Freeze after a Passover seder.
- Revealed on an Australian late night variety show that his favorite KISS rock song is 1982's "I Love it Loud," where he began singing parodied lyrics to the first verse.
- Often competes for the same parts with Philip Seymour Hoffman. On the The School of Rock (2003) DVD audio commentary, he jokingly calls Hoffman "my nemesis."
- Shares a birthday with Shania Twain, LeAnn Rimes and Daniel Stern.
- Born on the same day as Jason Priestley.
- Attended Crossroads High School for the Arts and Sciences.
- Is a member of, what the media refers to as the Frat Pack along with Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Steve Carell and Luke Wilson. The Frat Pack name is a reference to the film Old School (2003), which features Vaughn, Ferrell, and Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Black's "Frat Pack" films include The Cable Guy (1996), Envy (2004), and Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004).
- Starred in a management training film "Manager of the Year - Effective Listening (1987)" as a teenager who tells his father that the family car has been stolen.
- Had his gall bladder removed.
- Hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2002 along with Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Sang backup vocals for the songs in Bob Roberts (1992).
- One of his closest friends is David Grohl.
- Is good friends with Tim Robbins.
- Attended Poseidon School in Santa Monica, California.
- Despite poking fun at the genre, he is actually a very knowledgeable fan of a lot hard rock/metal music from the 1970s and 1980s. He even appears as part of Tenacious D in the Ronnie James Dio video for the song "Push."
- Appears in a parody of the Council of Elrond scene shown during the MTV movie awards. Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson later cast him in King Kong (2005).
- His parents, who were both rocket scientists, divorced when Black was 10.
- Originally met his wife in high school. They both attended Crossroads, a private school.
- Wife, Tanya Haden, is a cellist.
- His wife is the daughter of jazz great Charlie Haden.
- His wife is a triplet. Her two other sisters, Petra Haden and Rachel Haden, also musicians used to be members of the band "That Dog".
- He and his wife eloped, after dating less than a year.
- Jack and his wife, Tanya Haden, became the parents of a boy, Samuel, on June 10, 2006.
- His wife (Tanya Haden)'s sister, Petra, was a former member of the band The Decemberists.
Naked Photos of Jack Black are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.