[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Hayden Christensen are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Hayden Christensen on screen:
Birthday: April 19, 1981
Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Height: 6' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Hayden Christensen. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Hayden Christensen made headlines in the spring of 2000, when director George Lucas announced that the 19-year-old actor would play the much-coveted role of Anakin Skywalker in Episode II and Episode III of the venerable Star Wars franchise. Born in Vancouver but raised in Toronto, Canada, Christensen became involved with Canadian television productions at a young age and carried his skills over to American TV movies and series in the late '90s. Though he would appear briefly in 1999's The Virgin Suicides for director Sofia Coppola — a family friend of Lucas' — it was Christensen's work in the Fox Family Channel's drama series Higher Ground which convinced Lucas to give the actor a reading. Adamant in his desire to find new talent for the role, Lucas passed over such potential adolescent Anakins as Ryan Phillippe, Jonathon Jackson, and even Leonardo DiCaprio in favor of Christensen. It remains to be seen whether the young actor will survive the typecasting that a similarly unknown Mark Hamill suffered some two and a half decades prior, in Episode IV.Before Episode II made it to the screen, Christensen won accolades — including a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor — playing a troubled goth teen in the family melodrama Life as a House. The stage thus set for his blockbuster debut, Christensen would be omnipresent on magazine covers and talk shows in the months leading up to Attack of the Clones' release. The media blitz was not enough, however, to quell some critics' responses to the film and its star, citing Lucas for his simplistic dialogue and singling out Christensen for an impudent, one-note performance. Though the detractors weren't enough to prevent the film from grossing more than 300 million dollars stateside, Episode II still didn't perform to predictions, as both the nascent Spider-Man and Lord of the Rings franchises stole a little luster from Lucas' crown jewel, and heartthrobs the likes of Tobey Maguire, Elijah Wood, and Orlando Bloom quickly eclipsed Christensen's "it"-boy status.Perhaps feeling the need to stretch his cinematic muscles, Christensen took on the role of a brash young plagiarist in the micro-budgeted Shattered Glass. The true-life tale of journalist Stephen Glass, whose fabricated stories brought shame to the hallowed halls of The New Republic, the film made the festival rounds before its release in the fall of 2003, and Christensen found himself back in the good graces of critics with his enigmatic, cipher-like turn as the duplicitous young writer.
- Younger brother of Tove Christensen.
- Has a younger sister, named Kaylen (b. 1984), and an older sister, Hejsa.
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Was discovered when his older sister Hejsa, a former trampoline champion, was shopping around for an agent. No one was home to baby-sit him so he went along and it was suggested that he get an agent himself.
- One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25" in 2002.
- Resides in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
- Attended Unionville High School, Markham, Ontario.
- He fractured his hand during the filming of a rather violent scene in Life as a House (2001) in which his character hits a wall.
- Grew up playing competitive tennis and hockey.
- A digital rendering of Hayden appears in the 2004 DVD version of Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983), as the spirit of Anakin Skywalker. This replaced Sebastian Shaw as the ghostly image that appears beside Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda at the end of the film. Hayden said in an interview that he had been unaware of this change.
- Born on same day as Colombian actress Catalina Sandino Moreno, the lead in Maria Full of Grace (2004).
- Graduated from Baythorn Public School in 1995.
- Was a "ball boy" at the Canadian Open tennis matches. Jumped out too soon during a match in which John McEnroe was playing, causing an interruption in play.
- He, his brother and their friends "kidnap" one another on each of their birthdays, drive to a location unknown to the birthday-boy and then spend the day riding dirt-bikes.
- Supports Manchester United Football Club.
- His Canadian father is of Danish and English ancestry, while his American mother is half Italian and half Swedish. His Italian maternal grandmother hails from Brooklyn.
- Named one of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25" in 2005.
- His favorite scenes to film in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) were the scenes in which he acted with Ian McDiarmid.
- Named one of People Magazine's "50 Hottest Bachelors" in 2005.
- Competed with his sister Hejsa Christensen (the captain), brother Tove Christensen and a family friend in "Eco-Challenge Fiji Islands" (2003). The Eco-Challenge consists of a 500-kilometer (300 miles) race that included the tasks of hiking, swimming, kayaking and mountain biking their way through the Fiji archipelago. Only 23 out of 81 teams finished this race. Christensen was one of the youngest competitors in the race.
- One of the youngest competitors in "Eco-Challenge Fiji Islands" (2003).
- Is the only actor to have portrayed Anakin Skywalker and his Sith alter ego, Darth Vader, in the same movie, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). All other times, Anakin and Vader have been played by different actors.
- One of Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars under 25" in 2002 and 2005.
- He and Jessica Alba visited Bellevue hospital and spent time with little children, bringing them Christmas cheer while filming Awake (2006).
- Shares a birthday with James Franco.
- Is one of three Star Wars actors who has also appeared in a film directed by a fellow cast member. Frank Oz directed Ian McDiarmid in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) and Terence Stamp in Bowfinger (1999). Hayden appeared in The Virgin Suicides (1999), directed by Sofia Coppola.
- Is the third actor to play "Anakin Skywalker", and is the only who has played the non-Vader Anakin more than once. Sebastian Shaw played the role only in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983), and had died by the time the prequels were made. Jake Lloyd played Anakin in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). Hayden played the young adult Anakin in both Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005).
- On the set of Factory Girl (2006) in Louisiana he shared a house with co-star Sienna Miller.
Naked Photos of Hayden Christensen are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.