[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Goran Visnjic are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Goran Visnjic on screen:
Birthday: September 9, 1972
Place: Sibenik, Croatia, Yugoslavia (now Sibenik, Croatia)
Height: 6' 4"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Goran Visnjic. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Perhaps Croatia's most recognizable actor, Goran Visnjic became known to an American audience in the late 1990s, thanks to his work in American films and television. The darkly handsome actor, whom Vogue dubbed "the Tom Cruise of Croatia," was born in Sibenik on September 9, 1972, to a bus driver and a food market worker. Like just about all of his compatriots, Visnjic was indelibly affected by the Bosnian War. Although he decided at an early age that he wanted to be an actor and trained at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb, his country's terrible conflict resulted in Visnjic's joining the Croatian army when he was 18. He trained as a paratrooper, ultimately extending his service by three months in order to better defend his country.After Visnjic finished his time with the military, he returned to acting. He began gaining popularity in his country when, at the age of 21, he was cast as Hamlet in a production of the play at the prestigious Dubrovnik Summer Festival. The production earned wide acclaim, and Visnjic himself was the recipient of three national Best Actor awards, including an Orlando, the Croatian equivalent of a Tony.In addition to his work on the stage (he went on to portray Hamlet six years in a row), Visnjic also began appearing in Croatian feature films, and he made his American screen debut in Michael Winterbottom's Welcome to Sarajevo (1997). In 1998, he earned greater international recognition with his role in Practical Magic; although the film itself was a disappointment, Visnjic managed to make a sizable impression on audience members in his role as Nicole Kidman's ne'er-do-well boyfriend. The following year, the actor landed a recurring role on the popular TV medical drama E.R.; his profile further ascended with his casting in a number of feature films, including Committed (2000), a road trip comedy starring Heather Graham and Luke Wilson.
- The younger of two sons.
- Father was a bus driver; mother worked in a food market.
- Trained as a paratrooper in the Croatian army at age 18, and volunteered to stay on for an additional three months during the war with Serbia.
- Appeared in Madonna's 1998 music video, "The Power of Goodbye."
- Named People magazine's Sexiest Import (1999)
- Last name is pronounced 'VISH-nyich'
- Trained at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb.
- The youngest actor to be chosen for the coveted title role in Shakespeare's Hamlet, he portrayed the doomed Prince for 6 years from 1993 to 2000, at the internationally acclaimed Dubrovnik Summer Theatre Festival in Croatia, winning several coveted Orlando Awards (the equivalent of the Tony Award). During an episode of "ER," "Luka" demonstrated his expertise in the part of Hamlet, by reciting the, "To be or not to be," soliloquy in Croatian. In the same episode, demonstrated his skill in one of his hobbies, by "Luka" fencing with "Carter."
- Hobbies are fencing, swimming, and diving.
- Is married to a Croatian sculptor named Ivana, daughter of film director Antun Vrdoljak.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world 
- When word came through that he had been accepted in the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb, his brother volunteered to take his place in the Army so he could study his craft.
- At age 18, he trained during peacetime for basic crowd control and as a paratrooper in the Yugoslavian People's Army (YNA). He ended up fighting in Slovenia, which proclaimed independence, when the YNA was ordered to attack this now former republic within the federation Yugoslavia. When Goran's tour of duty was done (by the time of his return, Croatia had declared their independence), the Serbian fraction of the YNA was already fighting the Croatian fraction in a civil war. He volunteered to join the new Croatian Army, breaking his own promise to himself never to pick up a gun again.
- Appeared in an anti-fur billboard campaign for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals with his dog, Bugsy, beginning in January 2003. The ads read: "If you wouldn't wear your dog, please don't wear any fur." The campaign was PETA's first in eastern Europe.
- Wind surfs and practices kung fu.
- Has a large scar on his stomach from gastric ulcer surgery.
- May 26, 2002 - Donated 1000 pounds in prize money that he won on a Croatian quiz show, giving it to the country's theatres. At the time, he had never been on a TV quiz show.
- In a full-page article entitled, "Goran Visnjic Dr. Do Good" in the February 2005 issue of In Style magazine, he announced his support for, and collaboration with, the IFAW's (International Fund for Animal Welfare) efforts to save wildlife and the environment, by becoming a spokesperson for that organization's efforts to protect whales and fur bearing seals.
- Named as the Best Croatian actor in 2004 according to the votes of the visitors of internet magazines.
- Named as the Best Croatian actor in 2004 (for role in the movie _"Duga mracna noc" (2004)_ ) according to the votes of the famous Croatian newspaper "Vecernji list".
- Named "One of TV's Sexiest Men" in June 5-11 2005 TV Guide.
- On June 19, 2005 he received Croatia's highest cultural honor, the Vladimir Nazor award for "Best Realization of a Theatrical Performance - Film" for his performance in the Pula Film Festival award-winning film, Duga mracna noc (2004). Each year the "Vladimir Nazor" is awarded to the nation's top artists in the areas of: literature, music, painting and sculpture, theater, film and architecture. The awards ceremony took place at the Dverce Palace in Zagreb where the Minister of Culture handed out the awards.
- Croatian citizen.
- Shares birthday with writer Leo Tolstoy, Italian writer Cesare Pavese, French officer Alfred Dreyfus, singer Michael Bublé, actors Michelle Williams, Adam Sandler and Hugh Grant.
- Graduated from the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb. Dated actress Lucija Serbedzija (daughter of Rade Serbedzija) for four years while they were there.
- Is a huge fan of the show, "Stargate SG-1"
- Ranked #18 in Croatian-based monthly film magazine "Hollywood" in «Best Croatian Male Movie Stars of All Time» list. (November 2005)
- Ranked #1 in Croatian Internet IskonPortal Magazine's "Top 10 Sexiest Croatian Movie Stars of 2005" list. (January, 2005)
Naked Photos of Goran Visnjic are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.