[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Gene Simmons are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Gene Simmons on screen:
Birthday: August 25, 1949
Place: Tirat Carmel, Israel
Height: 6' 2"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Gene Simmons. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Gene Simmons is best known as the co-founder and arguable leader of the rock band Kiss (he's the one who wears the "demon" makeup and spits blood on-stage, among other antics). After the band became popular in the late '70s, Simmons embarked upon a relatively short-lived acting career that began with the made-for-TV movie Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978). He made his solo acting debut as a villain in Never Too Young to Die (1986). He went on to play villains in more films until his acting began interfering with his music. Simmons was born Chaim Witz in Israel but was raised in the U.S. After graduating from college, he spent a few months teaching sixth grade, but then left to become a musician.
- Co-founder of the famous hard-rock group, KISS, famous for outrageous antics and kabuki-like make-up.
- Prior to forming KISS, Gene Simmons was an elementary school teacher.
- Dated singer Diana Ross.
- Lived with Cher for several years.
- Dated Norwegian actress Liv Ullmann.
- Has lived with model/actress Shannon Tweed since 1983, but they've never married. Simmons has said that while he respects the rights of those who choose to marry, it's not something he ever plans to do; specifically, he doesn't feel man by nature is meant to be in a monogamous relationship. "The only thing wrong with marriage is that one of the persons involved is a man," he often says.
- Has a son, Nicholas (b. 1989), and a daughter, Sophie Simmons (b. 1992), with Shannon Tweed.
- Eddie Van Halen once begged Gene and Paul Stanley to let him join KISS, during a time when his band, Van Halen, was having problems. Van Halen played guitar in a session for KISS, and, according to Simmons, impressed them with his use of synthesizers. Simmons eventually told Vah Halen that despite his feelings about working with David Lee Roth, he should stick things out since his musical abilities would never be fully recognized within KISS's style.
- Speaks five languages.
- Was once in a band called Bullfrog Beer. Other pre-KISS bands he was a member of include Coffee, the Long Island Sounds, and Wicked Lester (with Paul Stanley).
- Once considered becoming a rabbi.
- Designer of the axe shaped bass guitar.
- There is a KISS tribute band in Seattle called Gene's Addiction.
- Produced many acts in the 1980s, including Keel, Wendy O' Williams, EZO, and Black and Blue.
- Discovered Van Halen in 1977 and produced the demo that got them signed to Warner Brothers Records.
- Publisher of the magazine 'Tongue' since late 2001. Is currently working on a KISS brand of condoms, among other things. Most of his post-KISS career will be concentrated on producing feature films and creating new KISS merchandise.
- Launches fashion label, "Gene Simmons - Dragonfly" [August 2002]
- With KISS no longer occupying his time, Gene has a number of ventures he's turned to: resurrecting his record label, $immons Records, acting in and producing feature films, starting up his own Women of Wrestling league (with a W.O.W. magazine and clothing line to follow), creating his own radio talk show, and possibly even going on the lecture circuit.
- Gave Elijah Allman (Cher's son) his first guitar at age 11.
- Claims to have slept with over 4,600 women.
- Has never drank alcohol, used drugs or smoked
- Once played in a band called Cathedral, several years before forming KISS. Among the names the band considered before settling on KISS in 1973 were Albatross, The Crimson Harpoon and F**k. Paul Stanley was the band member who suggested KISS.
- Is the founder of Simmons Publishing, which publishes books and magazines.
- When Simmons' came to America, his name was changed from Chaim Witz to Gene Klein. He later decided to use "Gene Simmons" for professional purposes.
- He is the son of Hungarian Jews. His mother, Florence, is a Holocaust survivor. In his book "Sex Money KISS", Simmons wrote that his grandmother willingly went into a gas chamber with his great-grandmother because she didn't want her mother to have to die alone. Simmons' mother is the only member of her entire family to survive the Holocaust. She managed to survive partly due to her skills as a hairdresser (a wife of one of the NAZI German officer liked how she did hair and had her kept around to be her hairstylist).
- Even though his father left the family when Simmons was a child, once he became rich he felt an obligation to buy both of his parents homes and provide them with financially worry-free lifestyles.
- He has one non-negotiable condition for anyone interested in signing with his record label Simmons Records: No Drugs.
- Is 'The Demon' In The Hard Rock Band, KISS
- Shares a birthday with Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford and current Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell.
- Once said he bought a ticket to one of his own shows, then walked in completely out of makeup and character, and took his seat. Nobody knew who he was.
- His famous tongue has been measured at over 7 inches long.
- Is one of the top fire-breathers in the world. The world record is a 20 feet flame. Gene can hit 15 feet.
- Simmons, in terms of political views, describes himself as neither Democrat nor Republican, but voting based on the issues. While he supports a woman's right to abortion, the environment and church/state separation, he supported Bush in 2004 because he agreed with Bush's foreign policy stands.
- Earned a Bachelor's degree in Education from Richmond College in Staten Island, New York.
- Taught 6th grade at PS 75 in Spanish Harlem.
Naked Photos of Gene Simmons are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.