[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Ewan McGregor are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Ewan McGregor on screen:
Birthday: March 31, 1971
Place: Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, UK
Height: 5' 1"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Ewan McGregor. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Ewan Gordon McGregor was born 31 March 1971 in Crieff, Scotland. At 16, he left Crieff and Morrison Academy to join the Perth Repertory Theatre. His parents encouraged him to leave school and pursue his acting goals rather than be unhappy. McGregor studied drama for a year at Kirkcaldly in Fife, then enrolled at London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama for a three-year course. He left right before graduating after snagging the role of Private Mick Hopper in Dennis Potter's 1993 six-part Channel 4 series "Lipstick on Your Collar" (1993) (mini). His first notable role was that of Alex Law in Shallow Grave (1994), directed by Danny Boyle, written by John Hodge and produced by Andrew MacDonald. This was followed by The Pillow Book (1996) and Trainspotting (1996), the latter of which brought him to the public's attention. He is now one of the most critically acclaimed actors of his generation, and portrays Obi-wan Kenobi in the first three Star Wars episodes. McGregor is married to French production designer Eve Mavrakis, whom he met while working on the TV show "Kavanagh QC" (1995). They married in France in the summer of 1995 and have two daughters, Clara Mathilde and Esther Rose. McGregor has formed a production company with friends Jonny Lee Miller, Sean Pertwee, Jude Law and Sadie Frost. Called Natural Nylon, they hope it will make innovative films that do not conform to Hollywood standards.
- Former roommate of Jude Law.
- Ranked #36 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- Nephew of Denis Lawson.
- Daughters, Clara Mathilde and Esther Rose.
- Born at 3:45pm-CET
- He met his wife while filming for "Kavanagh QC" (1995).
- Was originally up for the lead role in The Beach (2000/I), which would have reunited him with director Danny Boyle and screenwriter John Hodge who collaborated with McGregor on Shallow Grave (1994), Trainspotting (1996) and A Life Less Ordinary (1997). The role went to Leonardo DiCaprio. While McGregor blames studio influence for the casting decision he has not spoken to either Boyle nor Hodge since.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Mercutio in the 1996 film Romeo + Juliet (1996). He later got his chance to work with "Romeo" director Baz Luhrmann when he was cast as Christian in Moulin Rouge! (2001).
- In the film Moulin Rouge! (2001) McGregor sang alongside Nicole Kidman.
- Was presented with an honorary doctorate from the University of Ulster at a graduation ceremony in Belfast, Northern Ireland. [5 July 2001]
- His first name is pronounced "you-an".
- He says that he was inspired to get into show business by his uncle, actor Denis Lawson. Lawson played Wedge Antilles in Episodes 4-6 of Star Wars.
- Daughter Esther Rose born 7 November 2001 in London, England, UK.
- Slated to start filming 'Nautic' in Jamaica with Heath Ledger in a couple of months. However Ted Demme, who was picked to direct the film died suddenly at the age of 38 from a heart attack while playing basketball.
- Early career dedicated almost exclusively to indie, low-budget, and non-feature films. When cast as Obi-wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), an interviewer reminded him of his "aversion" to major films, and he replied "I know what I said, but, hey! This is Star Wars!"
- Ranked eighth in the 2001 Orange Film Survey of greatest British actors.
- Born on the same exact day as Isobel Thomas, the "assistant to producer" on Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), in which Ewan starred.
- His brother Colin is a Royal Air Force pilot
- Parents are James and Carol McGregor - both are teachers.
- Studied Alec Guinness' films in preparation for his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) and to ensure accuracy in everything from his accent to the pacing of his words.
- Has a nephew (born 1999)
- He studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London for three years.
- Received the Film Actor Award for Moulin Rouge! (2001) at The Variety Club Showbusiness Awards 2002.
- Was a student in the year-long theatre arts program at Kirkcaldy College of Technology in the fall of 1988.
- In 1987, after leaving school at age 16, he worked as a stagehand at Perth Repertory Theatre and had small roles in their productions.
- He is a personal friend of Texas lead singer Sharleen Spiteri.
- His brother Colin is part of the RAF's Tornado display team who are based at RAF Lossiemouth in Scotland.
- He and his uncle, Denis Lawson, have worked with two of the same directors. Both have been in Star Wars films, directed by George Lucas. His first film, Being Human (1993), was directed by Bill Forsyth, who also directed Lawson in Local Hero (1983).
- Both he and Harrison Ford have worked for director Ridley Scott between Star Wars films. Ford made Blade Runner (1982) after Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980), but before Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). McGregor made Black Hawk Down (2001) shortly after filming Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002), and thus before Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005).
- Embarked on a motorcycle trip around the World along with his friend and fellow actor Charley Boorman. 
- Was voted #9 in the Greatest Movie Stars Of All Time (Channel 4)
- Completed a trip from London to New York 'The Long Way Round' by riding a motorbike east, via Europe, Mongolia, Russia, Alaska and Canada to Manhattan over 115 days in 2004.
- Was the original choice for the role of Jim in 28 Days Later... (2002), directed by Danny Boyle who has worked with Ewan three times previously (see above).
- Ewan and his wife Eve have the same initials, even with her maiden name.
- When filming in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), he kept making the "Swoom" noise of the light saber during his fights. George Lucas explained many times that this would be added in by the special effects people later on. Ewan said "I keep getting carried away."
- Is a good friend of Naveen Andrews, star of the show "Lost" (2004), from drama school.
- While he usually takes his family along with him during his movie shoots, he left them at home during the shoot of Young Adam (2003)
- Was the best man at Dougray Scott's wedding in 2000.
- His Star Wars character, Obi-Wan Kenobi, goes by the call sign Red Leader in Revenge of the Sith. Wedge Antilles, who was played by his uncle, Denis Lawson, has the same call sign in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983).
- Is very particular about his children being photographed or seen on television. He strongly believes that just because he is famous, that should not give anyone the right to invade their privacy.
- According to Stunt Coordinator Nick Gillard, he picked up the light saber sword fighting style very quickly. In an interview on the DVD to The Phantom Menace, Gillard commented that Ewan was probably faster than anyone else who was working on the film, including the stunt department.
- Is a casual supporter of St Johnstone Football Club.
- Refused to have his wife and kids visit him on the set of Black Hawk Down (2001), because he felt the content was too violent and too bloody for them to see.
- Has been involved in a campaign against the closure of the maternity wing of Perth Royal Infirmary, the hospital ward where he was born.
- Distant cousin of The Sound of Music (1965) actress Heather Menzies.
- Cousin of Lou Gish and Kay Curram.
- Ewan, a UNICEF ambassador, adopted a 4-year-old girl from Mongolia whom he met while traveling around the world in 2004. (April 2006)
- Is short sighted.
- Before Ewan's 'Long Way Round' trip, around the world with Charley Boorman, he had a laser eye operation to improve his eyesight. This was so he didn't need to wear glasses or contact lenses on the trip.
- His best friend, is actor Charley Boorman, whom he travelled around the world with on motorbikes (Long Way Round trip). They met on the set of the 1997 movie The Serpents Kiss.
Naked Photos of Ewan McGregor are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.