[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Dominic Monaghan are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Dominic Monaghan on screen:
Birthday: December 8, 1976
Place: Berlin, Germany
Height: 5' 7"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Dominic Monaghan. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| Actor Dominic Monaghan played cheeky rabble-rousers in British theater and television long before he was cast as a comical hobbit in New Line Cinema's epic The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Born in Berlin, Germany, on December 8, 1976, Monaghan is the younger of two boys. His schoolteacher father and nurse mother spoke English at home and, when Monaghan was 12 years old, moved the family back to their native Manchester. Growing up, Monaghan worked several odd jobs — as a mail sorter, a stock boy, a saut
- Kept a pair of the latex Hobbit feet used in LotR.
- Was given the Lord of the Rings book to him by his father when he was 15, who said: 'I'll give you six months to read it' - Dominic read it in two.
- Bought a forest in India in early 2003, to help protect the environment.
- Speaks fluent German.
- Auditioned for Hetty Wainthropp three times in four weeks before finally getting the part.
- Has a love for insects.
- His mother, Maureen, is a nurse and his father, Austin, is a teacher. While in Germany Austin taught Science for the British armed forces.
- He has one older brother.
- Attended Aquinas College, a Catholic sixth form school in Stockport
- Did karate as a child
- Originally auditioned for the role of Frodo Baggins in the LOTR trilogy
- In The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), in the first scene with Gollum and Bilbo Baggins, Andy Serkis who plays Gollum wasn't on set for the shooting of that scene, so Dominic filled in for him. It was his only interaction on screen with Ian Holm (Bilbo).
- Has a habit of writing on his hands, which he shares with Chris Martin of Coldplay, who happens to be one of his favorite bands.
- Wrote and recorded the vocals for the tracks "Shadow" and "Maybe", and co-wrote and recorded "Half Fling" with Elijah Wood on Viggo Mortensen's album 'Pandemoniumfromamerica'.
- Used to be roommates with Mackenzie Astin, the brother of his co-star from LOTR, Sean Astin. He now lives on his own in Hollywood Hills.
- His brother, Matthew, is one year older than him.
- Previous jobs before acting included sorting mail at a Post Office, working in British Home Stores and working as a saute chef at a place called Quincey's in Didsbury, Manchester.
- According to The Toronto Star (December 12, 2003), Monaghan fell so in love with surfing that he moved to Los Angeles and found a place to live 25 minutes from a beach.
- Likes Radiohead, Coldplay, The Beatles and The Smiths.
- While filming the Lord of the Rings-trilogy, he got rid of his fear of heights by joining Orlando Bloom when he went bungee jumping.
- Owns a leaf-mantis named Gizmo, a Black Widow spider named Witchitar and an albino snake named Blink
- Is marginally the tallest of the 4 principal actors to play a hobbit in "The Lord of the Rings" films.
- His favorite football club is Manchester United and his favorite players include Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Eric Cantona and Ruud van Nistelrooy.
- Is a video game fanatic and often hosts gaming parties at his house
- The producers of "Lost" were so impressed with Dom they rewrote the part of Charlie to be a 20-something guy (it was originally intended to be a middle aged rock star who had faded from glory).
- Shares a birthday with his fellow co-star from the hit series Lost, Ian Somerhalder.
- Shares a birthday with Def Leppard guitarist Phil Collen
- Attended St. Anne's R.C High School in Stockport, England where his uncle has just retired as Headteacher
- Of the three British cast members of "Lost", he is the only one to play an English character on the show. Ironically, Monaghan is the only one of the three to not have been born in Britain, rather having been born when his parents were working in Berlin, Germany.
- Originally auditioned for the role of Sawyer on "Lost" before being asked to read for the role of Charlie.
Naked Photos of Dominic Monaghan are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.