[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Billy Crystal are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Billy Crystal on screen:
Birthday: March 14, 1947
Place: Long Beach, Long Island, New York, USA
Height: 5' 7"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Billy Crystal. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| The son of a jazz concert producer, Billy Crystal grew up in the company of such music legends as Billie Holiday, Pee Wee Russell, and Eddy Condon. His mind made up by age five, Crystal knew he wanted to become a performer — not in music but in baseball or comedy. As he later explained to TV Guide, he chose comedy "because God made me short" — though from all reports he is one of the best ball players in show business.Learning how to make people laugh by studying the works of past masters Laurel and Hardy, Ernie Kovacs, and Jonathan Winters, Crystal began making the club rounds at 16. He was sidetracked briefly by New York University's film school, where he studied to be a director under Martin Scorsese, but upon graduation it was back to comedy when Crystal formed his own troupe, 3's Company. On his own, he developed into an "observational" comic, humor based on his own experiences and the collective experiences of his audience. He came to media attention via his impression of Howard Cosell interviewing Muhammad Ali. After doing time as an opening act for such musicians as Barry Manilow, Crystal struck out for Hollywood, in hopes of finding regular work on a TV series. In 1977, he was hired to play the gay character Jodie Dallas on Soap. Though many people expected the performer to be typecast in this sort of part, he transcended the "sissy" stereotype, making the character so three-dimensional that audiences and potential employers were fully aware that there was more to Crystal's talent than what they saw in Jodie.Thanks to Soap, Crystal became and remained a headliner and, in 1978, had his first crack at movie stardom as a pregnant man in Rabbit Test. The movie was unsuccessful, but Crystal's star had not been eclipsed by the experience; he was even entrusted with a dramatic role in the 1980 TV movie Enola Gay. His career accelerating with comedy records, choice club dates, regular appearances on Saturday Night Live, and TV guest shots, Crystal had a more successful stab at the movies in such films as This is Spinal Tap (1984), The Princess Bride (1987), Throw Momma From the Train (1987), and When Harry Met Sally (1989). Riding high after a memorable emceeing stint at the Oscar ceremony, Crystal executive produced and starred in his most successful film project to date, an uproarious middle-age-angst comedy called City Slickers (1991). In 1992, he mounted his most ambitious film endeavor, Mr. Saturday Night, the bittersweet chronicle of a self-destructive comedian. The film had great potential (as indicated by the outtakes contained in its video cassette version), but the end result died at the box office. That same year, Crystal again hosted the Oscar awards, and in 1994 he repeated his earlier success with the popular sequel City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold.Crystal added to his directing credits the following year with the romantic comedy Forget Paris. Unfortunately, the film — which he also produced, wrote, and starred in — was something of a flop. He subsequently focused his energies on acting, turning up in Hamlet (1996) and Deconstructing Harry (1997). In 1998 he had another producing stint with My Giant, a comedy he also starred in; like his previous producing effort, that film also proved fairly unsuccessful. However, Crystal bounced back in 1999, executive producing and starring in Analyze This. A comedy about a mob boss, Robert De Niro, seeking therapy from a psychiatrist (Crystal), it won a number of positive reviews, convincing many that the performer was back in his element.Back in the director's chair in 2001, Crystal helmed the made-for-HBO 61*. Detailing the 1961 home-run race between Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle, 61* struck a chord with baseball sentimentalists and critics alike. Scripting and starring in America's Sweethearts the same year, Crystal soon began to prepare for his vocal role in the animated comedy fantasy Monsters, Inc.
- Younger daughter, Lindsay, is an aspiring filmmaker
- His famous uncle, record producer Milt Gabler, founded Commodore Records and later Decca Records, where he produced the Bill Haley hit (We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock.
- He appeared in the music video and sang in the choir on the song "Voices That Care."
- Father of actresses, Jennifer Crystal and Lindsay Crystal.
- Attended Marshall University in Huntington, W.Va.
- He was Jay Leno's very first guest on Monday May 25, 1992 when Jay took over the late night throne vacated by Johnny Carson on Friday May 22, 1992.
- Is a partial owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks, and is a New York Yankee fan. The 2 baseball teams played each other in the 2001 World Series, Arizona ended up winning.
- Was cast as Rob Reiner's best friend the 1976 "All in the Family" (1971) episode "New Year's Wedding" and became his best friend in real life.
- Fan of the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Was introduced to wife by close friend, Steve Kohut.
- One of Billy Crystal's babysitters was Billie Holiday.
- His father was a concert promoter, who also ran a famous record store on 42nd Street, New York.
- Claims his wife Janice was his first and only date.
- Biography in: "Who's Who in Comedy" by Ronald L. Smith, pg. 124-126. New York: Facts on File, 1992. ISBN 0816023387
- Graduate of Long Beach High School, Long Beach, New York. Class of 1965 who voted him "Most Popular."
- Appearing as his popular character Fernando, hit #58 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in 1984 with the catchy (and comedic) 'You Look Mahvelous' which featured Paul Schaeffer on keyboards
- Wrote children's book, "I Already Know I Love you" dedicated to Ella Ryan, his granddaughter, with illustrations by Elizabeth Saylos.
- Granddaughter, Ella Ryan, born 20 June 2003.
- Auditioned for the role of Jack Tripper on "Three's Company" - the character of a straight man impersonating a gay man. Ironically, he went on to play the role of Jody Dallas on "Soap" - the first openly gay character on primetime network television.
- Won a Tony Award in 2005 for his play "700 Sundays"
- For his Broadway debut, he won the 2005 Special Theatrical Event Tony for his one man show, which has been described as an "autobiographical journey," 700 Sundays.
- Shares a birthday with Taylor Hanson, Kylie Tyndall, Keaton Tyndall, Quincy Jones, Chris Klein, & Michael Caine
- Longtime, die hard fan of the New York Yankees, and often attends games at Yankee Stadium.
Naked Photos of Billy Crystal are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.