[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Billy Crudup are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Billy Crudup on screen:
Birthday: July 8, 1968
Place: Manhasset, New York, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Billy Crudup. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
Known as much for his rigorous career choices as for his talent and chiseled good looks, Billy Crudup has been straddling the line between serious actor and "it" leading man for several years. Crudup was born in Manhasset, New York (a Long Island suburb) in 1968, the middle child in a family of three boys. As a youngster he lived in Texas and Florida, finding roles in school pageants and developing funny impersonations to entertain family and friends. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina (where he confirmed his interest in acting), then went on to earn a Master of Fine Arts from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University in 1994. A year later he'd already made a name for himself on Broadway, earning the Outer Critics Circle Outstanding Newcomer Award for his performance in Tom Stoppard's Arcadia.Crudup's first big-screen acting gig was in the indie film Grind (1997), which was shot in 1994, but ended up on the shelf for three years. In 1996 he landed another, more lucrative role opposite Hollywood hotshots Brad Pitt and Jason Patric in the Barry Levinson drama Sleepers (1996). He followed that up with a brief appearance in Woody Allen's Everyone Says I Love You (1996) and a higher-profile turn as the rakish older brother in Inventing the Abbotts (1997).A self- described student of human nature, Crudup has said that he looks for characters wrestling with their mistakes. Rumor has it that he declined an audition for the lead in Titanic (1997) in order to seek out more challenging projects--like the Steve Prefontaine biopic Without Limits (1998). _Limits_ showcased Crudup's ability to completely transform himself for a role (a quality that would help him skirt stardom while continuing to land substantive parts). In 2000, with three major films in release, Crudup's already bustling movie career reached a fever pitch. He first hit the festival circuit in Keith Gordon's _Waking the Dead (2000/I)_ , the tale of an up- and-coming politician who is haunted by the death of his young wife. Next came the art-house favorite _Jesus' Son (2000)_ , in which Crudup played a nomadic soul named F**khead. Finally, he starred as the semi-fictional '70s rocker Russell Hammond in Cameron Crowe's much-lauded Almost Famous (2000).Crudup lives in New York and returns regularly to the stage - in fact, it was during the 1996 Broadway run of Bus Stop that he began his romance with longtime girlfriend Mary-Louise Parker. That romance ended in 2004, when Crudup left the then-pregnant Parker for his Stage Beauty (2004) co-star, Claire Danes.He seems to prefer quiet anonymity to the pomp and circumstance of the movie star lifestyle, but his ever-growing popularity guarantees that he won't be able to avoid the spotlight altogether.
- Brother is a publicist.
- Dated Mary-Louise Parker from 1996 until November of 2003 (when she was in the seventh month of her pregnancy).
- Won Outer Critics Circle award for outstanding newcomer for his work on the New York stage-Arcadia and Bus Stop.
- Attended University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for undergraduate work.
- Has a Master's in Fine Arts.
- His parents divorced when Billy was in junior high school, and then remarried -- each other -- when he was in high school.
- Grew up in Dallas, Texas, and has two brothers.
- In 1998, he joined a theatre group called, "The Lab!" at UNC Chapel Hill and performed the role of 'Schroeder' in the musical 'You're a Good Man Charlie Brown!'.
- While attending the University of North Carolina, he starred in a student produced, university access channel TV soap opera called General College.
- Was in the "Boy Scouts of America", when growing up in Texas.
- Loves to play golf, and often partners director Bart Freundlich.
- He is able to turn down many jobs, because he makes millions of dollars each year using his voice to sell products as a 'voice over actor'.
- Attended St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- He was the second choice for the role of Russell in Almost Famous (2000). The first choice, Brad Pitt decided instead to appear in the more financially successful film Fight Club (1999).
- Was "replaced" by actor Michael Hayden in the Lincoln Center Theatre production of "Henry IV". 
- Is dating actress Claire Danes. 
- Declined an offer to play Bruce Banner in Hulk (2003).
- Has a son named William Atticus, with actress Mary-Louise Parker.
- Was nominated for Broadway's 2002 Tony Award as Best Actor (Play) for portraying the title character of John Merrick in a revival of "The Elephant Man."
- Has been the voice of the acclaimed MasterCard "Priceless" commercials (airing in America) since 1997, but first appeared on-camera in one of these spots in 2005.
- Graduated from University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill with a degree in Speech Communication
- In 2005 he was nominated for Best Actor in a Play at the Tony Awards for his part in Martin McDonagh's The Pillowman
- Nominated for the 1997 drama desk award for outstanding featured actor in a play for Chekov's Three sisters
- Won the Theatre World Award for his role in Arcadia
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1994)
Naked Photos of Billy Crudup are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.