[ << Back ]
Naked Photos of Benjamin McKenzie are available at MaleStars.com.
They currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.
who appeared with Benjamin McKenzie on screen:
Birthday: September 12, 1978
Place: Austin, Texas, USA
Height: 5' 8"
is a complete filmography (list of movies he's appeared in) for
Benjamin McKenzie. If you have any corrections or additions, please email
us at email@example.com.
We'd also be interested in any trivia or other information you have.
| As a University of Virginia grad sans a degree in drama (he balanced a dual major in IR and economics) the neophyte Hollywood thesp Benjamin McKenzie first cut his teeth on stage, at the Williamstown Theater Festival. McKenzie went professional with a move to the City of Angels only a few short months after graduation (c. late 2001), where he traveled the road of most aspiring actors. He began small, with bit parts in various television series (including Jag, The District), but landed his big break with one of the main roles on Fox's hit series The O.C. (2003), starring Peter Gallagher (sex, lies and videotape). As Ryan Atwood, the boy from "the wrong side of town" who shakes up the lives of the Cohen, Cooper and Nichol clans, Atwood made an indelible impression with audiences and became a series fixture. McKenzie segued into a film career in 2004, but maintained a relatively low profile for a year or so; his cinematic debut, a bit role in the groan-inducing direct-to-video slasher Desperate Souls (2004), did little to advance his career, though it certainly paved the way for more respectable turns. In the first of these, 2005's indie comedy-drama Junebug, McKenzie received third billing, alongside Amy Adams and Embeth Davidtz. Kudos to McKenzie and his agent: the Sony Classics picture, about a young British woman (Davidtz) who grapples with culture clash when she first meets the family of her intended, stole critics' hearts, and - in time - went down as one of the best received sleepers of the year; McKenzie's performance (as the rage-soaked Johnny, Amy Adams's husband and the less intellectual of the family's two brothers) delighted everyone. The actor sought appeal from the buttered popcorn crowd with 2006's thriller Snakes on a Plane, a Samuel L. Jackson-starrer about a federal agent saddled with an aircraft full of angry vipers (and terrified passengers). The widely-predicted cult status of this film virtually guaranteed another step up the career ladder for McKenzie. The studio scheduled the picture for U.S. release on August 18, 2006.
- Uncle is Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Robert Schenkkan
- Education: Austin High, graduated 1997; University of Virginia, bachelor's degree 2001
- His paternal grandparents both did some acting when they were young. His 22-year-old brother Nate is a Yale graduate working in avant-garde theater in New York. Younger brother Zack, 19, is attending Pomona College, a half-hour away from Los Angeles, and still pondering his future.
- He followed his father and grandfather to the University of Virginia, where he graduated in 2001 with a degree in economics and foreign relations.
- He changed his name for screen-credit purposes because there's an actor named Ben Schenkman registered with the Screen Actors Guild.
- Son of Austin attorney Pete Schenkkan and poet-writer Frances Schenkkan
- Has a manager, publicist and lawyer on the payroll (he's shopping for a new agent now that his career is taking off)
- He recently moved into a new apartment in Santa Monica and bought a sleek new Infiniti G35, which he concedes he spends more on than housing.
- Moved to New York City three weeks before 9/11
- While in New York he waited tables to help support himself and shared a bunk bed in a cramped apartment in the city.
- Mother: Frances Schenkkan will begin the master's program in creative writing at the University of Texas in the fall. She's been a newspaper reporter and editor, and in the 1980s she served on the Austin Planning Commission and the board of the Austin Child Guidance Center. She is a recipient of the Adele Steiner Burleson prize in poetry at the university. She and husband Pieter have three sons, Ben, Nate, and Zack.
- He graduated from the same high school in Austin that the Bush twins (Jenna and Barbara) graduated from. He was a senior the year they were freshmen.
- Second cousin of Sarah Drew
- Was a speaker at the Democratic National Convention on July 27, 2004.
- Was voted one of InStyle's "10 Hottest Bachelors Of Summer" in July 2005, placing at number 10.
Naked Photos of Benjamin McKenzie are available at MaleStars.com. They
currently feature over 65,000 Nude Pics, Biographies, Video Clips,
Articles, and Movie Reviews of famous stars.